Recently, I discovered something both interesting and scientific confirmed by Dr. Oz and Dr. Henry Cloud. Both share how stress really affects your body chemistry. It can even shut down other body functions such as thinking and weight loss to name two that affect my life. I call them "emotional outbursts" and "I need something crunchy to eat." It makes perfect sense to me after trying to watch what I eat (or rather, stop eating what I watch) I suffer from severe crankiness as a side effect. Complicate that by, a full day of work, an exemplary model of sibling rivalry every afternoon, and general exhaustion saturated with the fight or flight syndrome; it's no wonder the scale and I don't bond! I have to say though, that I am on the verge of a breakthrough. I really have had the suspicion for years but haven't had a chance to document it.
First, I must beg your pardon as I overlooked the date (15th) for the Christmas Once a Month posts as outlined here at Julie's blog. I don't know now if I'm ahead or behind? In any case, I do hope this project will make up for my oversight. I have had this pattern on my mind since I first worked with half square triangles on this project . I am happy to say this is one of my own inventions, as I did not use any pattern. Yay! I started with a clear idea and made the rest up as I went along! Some people collect scraps for a giant scrappy quilt, I prefer more immediate gratification by making something more compact in a fraction of the time! Truthfully, finishing something (like a quilt) gives me great satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment I don't get doing other things; I'm addicted! One perk was that I did it entirely with leftovers: Squares, 5 inch charms and smaller 2 1/2 inch squares, various strips...
All I'm going to say about this is: I NEED MY CRAFTING TABLE!!!!! LOL! I need space to get my scrap-booking on!! LOL! I totally agree that when we are busy doing things we enjoy, stressors are being dealt with in a creative and productive way!
ReplyDelete